LVfan
Member
Despite some comments to the contrary, John Fisher does talk to the media as evidenced by the quotes in the article.
The Federal Aviation Administration has determined that the Athletics’ planned $1.75 billion, 320-foot-tall Las Vegas ballpark will not pose an issue to air traffic in Southern Nevada, according to a letter written by Julie Morgan, manager of the FAA’s obstruction evaluation group.
“We want to make sure that we go through and speak to all various powers that be and make sure everybody feels completely comfortable as to what we’re proposing,” A’s owner John Fisher told the Review-Journal on Monday.
The A’s stadium proposal was put out for public comment on Feb. 12, drawing no responses when the comment period ended on March 22, according to the FAA. The FAA’s decision will be final on May 5, pending any petitions filed to the FAA by then.
The A’s will present its ballpark plans to the Clark County Commission on Wednesday for the first time in a public setting. Some of the team’s plans are to be awarded an excavation permit to begin early before a development agreement is completed and approved.
“I had an opportunity to meet with all of them last week and had really positive meetings,” Fisher said. “I think the commissioners are universally excited about this opportunity and are appreciative of the effort that we’re putting forward to make sure that everyone feels well-communicated with in terms of what we’re doing going forward.”
The A’s plan was approved at a Paradise Town Advisory Board meeting in March and was then forwarded to the county commission with their recommendation.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...egas-ballpark-plans-fly-with-the-faa-3344630/

The Federal Aviation Administration has determined that the Athletics’ planned $1.75 billion, 320-foot-tall Las Vegas ballpark will not pose an issue to air traffic in Southern Nevada, according to a letter written by Julie Morgan, manager of the FAA’s obstruction evaluation group.
“We want to make sure that we go through and speak to all various powers that be and make sure everybody feels completely comfortable as to what we’re proposing,” A’s owner John Fisher told the Review-Journal on Monday.
The A’s stadium proposal was put out for public comment on Feb. 12, drawing no responses when the comment period ended on March 22, according to the FAA. The FAA’s decision will be final on May 5, pending any petitions filed to the FAA by then.
The A’s will present its ballpark plans to the Clark County Commission on Wednesday for the first time in a public setting. Some of the team’s plans are to be awarded an excavation permit to begin early before a development agreement is completed and approved.
“I had an opportunity to meet with all of them last week and had really positive meetings,” Fisher said. “I think the commissioners are universally excited about this opportunity and are appreciative of the effort that we’re putting forward to make sure that everyone feels well-communicated with in terms of what we’re doing going forward.”
The A’s plan was approved at a Paradise Town Advisory Board meeting in March and was then forwarded to the county commission with their recommendation.
https://www.reviewjournal.com/sport...egas-ballpark-plans-fly-with-the-faa-3344630/